Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Symposium Blog

The symposium presentation that I will be discussing is the one about biofeedback and anxiety. I thought overall the presentation was a really good one along with the idea. Anxiety gets to all of us, 6 million to be exact. It's good to have coping mechanisms that aren't always drug related. In extreme cases medications can be used with biofeedback mechanisms to help relieve the anxiety. I was also apart of the experiment done, but I was in the control group. I would have like to have been in the groups that learned biofeedback exercises because who doesn't want ways to deal with stress an anxiety. I wished that they would have given more examples to the audience to teach us, but also to other visually help us see what the exercises were and how they could possibly help us deal with stress. Their results were that those with the biofeedback mechanisms did in fact have less anxiety when reading embarrassing stories. I did find it interesting that they mentioned that theater members could act not embarrassed, but their vital signs showed that they were experiencing anxiety.

1 comment:

  1. What were some of the biofeedback techniques that were effective? Do you see any connection between what you learned here and our class?

    ReplyDelete